Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Portable Mashed Potatoes

Earlier today I was pondering a good way to freeze individual servings of baked potatoes. All I could think of was rolling a scoop of mashed potatoes into a ball and freezing it like that. I was pretty sure mashed potatoes are normally not the right texture for that kind of thing, so I was stumped.

Then a little while ago, I was following followers of people I'm following (no, I won't say it three times fast!) and I came upon somebody with a super great idea -- well, truth be told, I think she has a lot of great ideas, it's just that when you have autistics in your household, it can sometimes put a damper on the way you cook.

Okay. The idea: twice baked potatoes. The peel is a handy, dandy, edible bowl! I love it. So I immediately buzzed off to the kitchen and started washing potatoes. They are all washed and stabbed and being baked now. I am excited to see how they will turn out!

The only thing with this particular recipe, is that you pretty much have to have plastic wrap or aluminum foil to wrap the potatoes in after they are prepared. Or maybe they could be frozen on a cookie sheet, then put in a resealable bucket unwrapped. I might try both and see what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment