Saturday, June 4, 2011

Introduction

Hello to anyone reading this blog. I hope you are having a good day. My name is Heather and the purpose of this blog is to share ideas for making the most of your SNAP benefit. I am not affiliated with SNAP in any way. I'm just someone who has been there and, like most Americans, am a paycheck away from being there again. I wanted to share some things I learned about maximizing my benefits and learn from others, as well. Even though my family is not currently receiving SNAP, we are trying to save money where we can and many things that are good ideas for SNAP are just plain good ideas for saving money.

I am well aware that there are ways to barter and buy non-allowed items with SNAP. That's not what this blog is about. In my opinion, the best way to use your SNAP benefit is they way it is intended to be used -- for food. However, there are food items that have multiple purposes and that is one of the things I would like to explore. Do you know a home remedy or any handy tips that can be purchased with SNAP? Do you have tricks you use to keep your grocery bill down? Please share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment